TNG or “The Next Generation” is a genealogy application developed specifically for use on the internet. The application allows users to not only view the family genealogy data in many different ways, but it also makes the genealogy project more interactive and permits users to make suggestions if information is not current or erroneous.
You do not need a User Account to view the genealogy data. However, for the privacy of those individuals that are living, or last known to be living, much of the detail will not be available. To view all individuals, both living and deceased, you will likely want a User Account.
From the Adam Barner Family main genealogy page, click on the “Login” link.
The “Login” dialog box will open. If you already have a User Account, you will simply type your Username and Password. To create a new account, go to the bottom of this dialog boax and click on the “Register for a New User Account” link.
Once you click on this link, the “Register for a New User Account” link, a “I,m not a robot” challenge box will open. In an effort to ensure automated “bots” don’t get into our data, there is a reCAPTCHA challenge. Click on the box next to “I’m not a robot”.
In the “Register for a New User Account” dialog box, you will need to enter some basic information about yourself. You are only required to complete the fields that contain an asterisk.
- Create a unique “Username” that you will easily remember (Note: not your e-mail address).
- Create a unique “Password” that you will easily remember. You are required to type your unique password a second time.
- Type “Your Real Name”. Although there is no exact requirement as to what you type here, please prove at least your first name and surname.
- Type your “Email” address in the next box. You are required to enter is a second time.
- The other boxes are optional but the more information you chose to provide, the better. A mailing address would be helpful but is not required.
- In the “Notes or Comments” box, you can type anything that you would like to let the Admin know but we would ask that, at a minimum, you provide some information that will tell us how you fit into the Adam Barner family and perhaps parent or grandparents names in order to help us locate you in the database.
- The final step is to click on the “Submit” button at the bottom of the dialog box.